Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Pink Cigar Box

Hello Cardies!
I have two projects to share with you today! The first is a cigar box that I altered to give as a gift to my Sister. My sister is 92 and lives in Las Vegas. I wanted her to have a box she could use to store the cards I send her.
I love to order cigar boxes. Some of them are so pretty they really don't need much done to the outside. For this box, I decided to leave the outside alone. I only added the flower and sentiment on top. The construction on this isn't everything I wanted it to be, but I was rushing to get birthday cards to her.  Hope you like!
For some reason my pearls photographed beige, but they are actually
white.  I was surprise at how well this tured out!


This one of the Birthday Cards.  This was for my sister's BIL who turned 87 Sunday!




7 comments:

  1. Great box, your sister will love it. I know my mother would too. You gotta love those bugaboo stamps. They are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely box and such a good idea to use it as card storage! Love the card too - so very funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cigar box and wonderful idea of how to use it to store cards in.

    I love the card and the way you used that wonderful burlap.

    Both are really nice.

    joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your sister will love the card box, Chana. But how could you possibly have a sister in her 90's? You are much too young! The birthday card for her BIL is a hoot! Love the CAS design, the adorable image, and that funny sentiment. (And isn't that the truth, though!) :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift for your sister. And that card is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot how much fun it is to alter those cigar boxes. The flower was all it needed. Beautiful. I'm sure she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana