Monday, September 2, 2013

Back To School - Outlawz Greetings Challenge

Hello, Crafty Peeples!

I want to share two projects that I made for the Monday Greetings Challenge over at The Outlawz.  Finally, an opportunity to use my Graphic 45 ABC Primer papers.  I only have a few sheets, not quite enough to make the 3D project I had planned, so I've just been sitting on it.  The Bookplate Holder Idea is my very own! 
I also made a really simple card for my second project because it allowed me to practice the "Bordered Sentiment" Technique.  I was pleased with both outcomes.


BOOKPLATE HOLDER
WARNING, WARNING!!! LOTS OF PICTURES
I wanted to see if the tab card would work with a landscape orientation...and it does!  YaY Me!



The Bookplate in the center is removable



THE BACK STORY
Card Base:  Bazzill Basics (Black, Greys, and Whites)
Designer Papers:  Graphic 45 An ABC Primer 
My Mind's Eye: Kraft FUNDAY (Front Cover Burgandy/Krafts Dots) and
(Green Plaid Paper)
Craftwood: Chalkboard with Frame
Misc.: Creative Impressions Gold Fasteners
You can find the tutorial for this card HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Project #2 - "BORDERED SENTIMENT

 This technique really does make your sentiment POP!  I will have to experiment with a few more sentiment stamps!  You can use any size sentiment and still get an eye popping design!




THE BACK STORY
Card Base:  Bazzill Basics (Black, White, Grey); Neenah - Red Hot Pepper - Linen
Designer Paper: Kaiser Craft - Class of '87 (Notepaper and Alphabet strip)
Stamps:  Graphic 45 An ABC Primer
Misc.: Sharpie Marker, Ranger Distress Ink: Ripe Persimmon (Ruler) 
Momento Inks: Bamboo Leaves, Rose Red, Lady Bug and Tuxedo Black
You can find the tutorial for this card HERE

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed these projects!   Hugz, Chana Malkah

Challenges Entered:

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your bookplate holder project! The project is very clever, and love the colors.
    I found you through the MIM Link Party where I have linked up 2 items and would love it if you'd stop by too.
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Looking Card. Well Done! I saw you over at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hey there Chana. First I want to say how much I love the name of your blog and its fun design. Second I want to say "THANKS" for sharing two fabulous cards with us this week at ATS&M. Your stash card is amazing and I can imagine that if you are like me you still have plenty to use after that :o) This second card with the small chalkboard though is my absolute favorite - a work of art as far as I'm concerned. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fantastic creations Channa! Thanks for playing at Crafting For All Seasons!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really love the book plate holder idea. The colours are fantastic. Good to have you with us at the Paper Shelter this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two awesome cards! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. two fab cards ...love the bookplate holder ,such a clever and original design
    Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana