Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Challenge #194 - SHOPPING OUR STASH - NO FOOLIN'

Hello, Crafty Peeples!
If it's Tuesday, then it must be time to SHOP OUR STASH!   
 SHOPPING OUR STASH we are challenging you to use your favorite FAUX technique.

Here are a few links to some techniques you might use

My inspiration this week was The SCS Faux Wood Frame.   I used just a basic Bazzill Textured Blue Card Stock that I streaked with TH Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I used SB standard squares to cut the frames and embossed them with my Couture "Pinstripe" embossing folder.  Using the direct to the paper technique, I applied Vintage Photo DI to embossed ridges. Finally, I added a little Ranger Crackle Accents.

The is another of my Brown Paper Bag Cards.  
The Paper is Graphic 45's French Country Collection

I am mailing this off to a friend, so I created a matching box!
 The French Country Collection is so full of wonderful detail, that a lot of fussy cutting was not required.  The Rooster was just screaming to be used and I wanted the stamp for depth and more texture.  This wonderful Prima Rose, with a little Vintage Photo DI added, round things off nicely! 
I found this sunflower stamp while browsing through my stash of Unity Company Stamps.  Nice!
I included this coordinating tag with the card.  There is an opening for another tag or for a gift.
 When I make these cards, I alway leave one cubby empty so that the recipient can create their own tag or gift item.  I was really pleased with the outcome of this project.

My Teammates have created some fabulous projects using various Faux Techniques!  Please stop by their blogs and take a look!
Thanks for Stopping By!
Hugz,

17 comments:

  1. You picked the perfect faux technique to go along with that paper collection! Wow, Chana, this set is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always admire your projects. So much detail. They truly are a work of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh Chana this is soooo very pretty! I agree with Chris, the faxd wood frame is ideal for that paper collection! Another beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project, fabulous faux techniques you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Babara, what a nice thing to say!
      Mucho Hugz,
      Chana Malkah

      Delete
  5. Ohhh I love the colours in this, and that frame truly looks like wood. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a GORGEOUS card and holy moly YES that really does look like it's made of wood! ♥WOW♥! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really lovely card. Thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Chana this is so beautiful and I love the warm autumn colouring and the tag on the inside.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow another beautiful creation - great job as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work. Thank you for your comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous. I love sunflowers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing along with us @ CIO challenge blog...wonderful work...tfs... <((><

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the old-fashioned farmhouse feel! Thank you for entering Design Team Showcase.

    Kim
    {Craftisan Studios}
    Design Team Showcase

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana