Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Shopping Our Stash #197 - Lost and Found - One More Brown Bag Project

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
The Team over at Shopping Our Stash is challenging you to use something that you have rediscovered!  It could be something you lost or it could be something you forgot you owned.  Be sure to let us know what has be Lost and Found!

I continue to work on my Recipe Book and as I complete some elements, I will show them here.  I have rediscovered a lot of things while rummaging around in my stash looking for "Kitchen, Cooking, or Food" related items.  My greatest discovery, has been Ephemera.  I used to buy a lot of it when I first started crafting.  But, as with so many trends, I stopped using it until I started following Tammy Tutterow's blog and saw how she used emphemera to add interest to her projects.

 Lost and Found items on this project are "The Mason Jar and Mailing Label Ephemera"
One of the sections in my recipe book is "Brown Bag Lunches" and it occured to me that it would be very appropriate to use a brown paper bag as the index page for this section.
I actually lost the Mason Jar ephemera piece.  Thankfully, I found another in the package.
 Recipes are stored inside the bag and there is a place on the back for notes.
The spoons were cut from a Sizzix/Hampton Art
 (Framelit For Graphic 45) set I had totally forgotten.
The Stencil is Heidi Swapp's Square Lattice


The neat thing about this project is that you can recreate it and use it to share recipes.  
This is a small lunch bag.  My finished bag is 7 1/2" x 4 1/4 "
I cut about 1/2 inch off the top of the bag because I wanted to cut my own thumb pull.


Thanks for stopping by!  I look forward to seeing your projects in our challenge.  I know many interesting Lost items will be Found and put to good use!
Hugz,
Chana
Challenges Entered:
Through The Craftroom Door  - Anything Goes
PaperTake Weekly - Words, Words, Words
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes (Monthly Challenge, 3E)
All Crafts Challenge  - Anything But A Card

17 comments:

  1. Very nice project - great job as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love all your brown bag projects. I haven't the patience for your level of detail. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! I think this BBs have become an obsession/addiction!

      Delete
  3. WOW Chana! Your awesome creations never cease to amaze me!! Another gorgeous project! Fab work lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chana, this project to soooo cool! Love that you used a brown bag for your brown bag lunch recipes! The colors, ephemera, and stenciling are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this. It is absolutely gorgeous and the colors and style are just perfect. The mason jar knocks it out of the park. Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deena! I was relieved...without the mason jar my design didn't work as well.
      Hugz

      Delete
  6. Awesome idea, love the mason jar, love how it is all put together. Fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's as clever as it is practical! what a great idea!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever to use a brown paper bag to store brown bag lunch recipes. I love all the fun bits and bobs you've added!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's going to be one very special recipe book with creations like this! Just beautiful with those found items!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so clever to use the bag for that section! And what a treasure of a book you're making :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at TTCRD this week and hope to se you again in our next challenge// Zora DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby creation! Lovely clever design and l love the colours used. Thanks for joining us over at PTT.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana