Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Outlawz Greetings Challenge: Anything Goes

Hello, Crafty Peeps!

Although I did not know it at the time, this is my final project as a member of The Outlawz Design Team.    The Outlawz was my first ever DT and I thought I would be there regardless; but life is just full of little surprises.   As much as I like to think that all I need do to defeat my illness is be of a "strong will," the fact of the matter is I need to pick my battles....stress is something I can control, by not taking on more than I should and accepting the fact that I have limitations in my life now, that I did not have previously.

I have also come to the realization that there are other matters to which I want to devote my time and the only way to free up time is by cutting back on my crafting hours.   I will miss the ladies at Outlawz!  It was a fun experience, free of drama, and full of encouragement and inspiration!

MY BEST FRIEND - THE HAND FAN
I made this fan for ME!  I have had a hand fan by my side since the onset of menopause, and actually, for a few years before that! One of my favorite oriental fans disappeared (in church of all places).  I left my seat, came back and my fan was gone! SSMH over that one.  I left my FDR fan at my last place of employment.  Since I never wanted to see that place again, I didn't even attempt to retrieve my fan.  I was planning to go to The Little White House in Warm Springs to get another, but then lighting struck and TLWH burned to the ground, so the park was temporarily closed. Finally, I lost a fan I have had since 1995 (sigh) so I decided to make a fan for myself.   We humans do love to attach ourselves to the strangest things!

 Actually, this project gave me an opportunity to use the cool vintage stamps from the Canvas Corps (7 Gypsies) American Vintage Collection.  I also used some of the vintage road signs.  I think my favorite is the Route 66 sign.  Brings back memories of the old TV show!  I love my new fan and all the funky textures!
On the back, I used this opportunity to play with some of my Tattered Angels Sprays and Mists.  I even used two of the Plain Jane Baseboard Mists (Clay and Bittersweet) to stain the handle!  

This has been a quick post!  Thanks for stopping by!
Hugz,
Chana

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool, Chana. As crafters, we often don't make things for ourselves. I'm glad you were able to indulge yourself a little. Perhaps you should make several more so you always have one on hand.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana