Monday, April 4, 2016

A Place To Start - Upcycled Banana Stand

Hello, Crafty Peeples!

Sharing a project I created for my Crafter's Info Blog


Last week, I decided that I am going to up-cycle everything that is connected to my disease and its treatment.  Because my Potassium levels tend to dip to unacceptable levels, I eat a lot of bananas.  It was while reaching for one of those bananas for my smoothie, it occurred to me that everything I touch that relates to my illness is so very drab.  I decided to change that.  This banana stand is the first item to be dressed up.  In a day or two, I shall have another.
This week's challenge is:  Upcycle a common household item.

We all have things around the house that could use a little Spring sprucing up.  I have decided to spruce up anything that is remotely connected to my illness.

I eat a lot of Bananas because I NEVER want to have to take potassium again.  NASTY!

THIS IS MY UPCYCLED BANANA STAND
Supplies:
Banana Stand
Napkins
Chalk or Acrylic Paint
Decoupage Glue
Matte Varnish
Bananas
Disassemble and Wash thoroughly with warm soapy water.
 I allowed mine to air dry for a day before I started painting.

No one has entered a project in the challenge in the last couple of challenges, so I am not setting up a link.  If you decide to upscale one of your household items and want to share it with me, you can enter it here - Never Ending Challenge

Have A Fabulous Week!
Hugz,
Chana

4 comments:

  1. This is really lovely. I like what you did and how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea, I happen to have a banana hanger made for me years ago by a custom mill co-worker when these first came out. Love it, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chana your newly improved banana stand is awesome!! I wish I could eat bananas, just so I could have a cool stand like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your idea of re-freshing items around the house, your banana stand is fab. love the use of the napkin. fab. job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana