Saturday, April 1, 2017

Altered Eclectics - April Challenge

Hello, Crafty Peeps!
Welcome to another month of fun at Altered Eclectics!

As always the theme is anything goes but has to be altered/upcycled/recycled/mixed media. Cards and ATC's are not accepted on this blog but may fit in with our challenges over at Eclectic Ellapu (sister blog)

I am back with another altered bottle project.  I fell in love with the shape of this bottle.  It made me think of Greco-Roman Architectural design.  I tried to capture the essence of the patina that occurs over time and leaves little bits of gold and copper peeking through.   I also wanted to incorporate a nod to the great libraries and archives of those cultures, so I used a roller-graph to add text to the design.   Hope you like this one.  I hope you like them all!  HUGZ!


I found this fabulous cigar label in my ephemera stash. It was a perfect match for the Prima Vintage Trinket.  These two pieces really pulled the project together and completed the visual interest! 
I saw a great video on creating interesting crackle effect by mixing your brush strokes.  This technique works very well and creates very dramatic cracks in the project!

Try altering some bottles.  It is a very inexpensive way to create interesting conversation home decor pieces!  Let those creative juices flow!  See you next time!
Hugz,
Chana







6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Chana. You blow me away with your beautiful altered projects.
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very elegant bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your altered bottle really are second to none. Your are so lucky having access to such beautiful shaped nottles. Love it hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful later bottle. Love the colours and design. Have a creative week. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing antiquing effect with the crackle - this is a fabulous piece.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you it is a fabulous shape, but you have made it even better with your decoration! Fantastic project, jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I appreciate it! I try to reciprocate and visit your blogs. If I don't get to you right away, please know that I am on my way there to thank you for your visit.
Happy Crafting!
Hugz,
Chana